For Immediate Release
Ada County Paramedics to Honor First Responders During “Emergency Medical Services Week”
As a thank you and a means to recognize the work of first responders everywhere, Ada County Paramedics will celebrate Emergency Medical Services Week, or “EMS Week” the week of May 18.
The first EMS Week was authorized by Congress in 1973 and today, is still recognized each year in May. Ada County Paramedics takes this week to publicly thank first responder teams and to celebrate the important, life-saving work they do.
“We’re excited to celebrate this year’s EMS Week and recognize the upstanding men and women at Ada County Paramedics, and everywhere, who have made it their lives’ work to help others,” Ada County Paramedics Director Darby Weston said.
Ada County residents rely on paramedics and EMTs to aid them in scary and often life-threatening situations on a daily basis. The community takes comfort knowing that the skilled paramedics and EMTs at Ada County Paramedics are prepared to treat injuries, stabilize heart conditions and tend to illnesses and other unexpected emergencies.
Ada County Paramedics will be kicking off EMS Week on Monday May 19th and festivities will continue throughout the week.
- Monday May 19th– Friday May 23rd– In partnership for EMS Week, Wahooz Family Fun Zone is promoting “EMS Adventure Week” all week long. With proof of employment, all local first responders can enjoy discounted laser tag, mini golf, bumper boats, Kiddie Cove and receive a $5 pre-loaded game card.
- Monday, May 19th – Ada County Paramedics employees will host a celebration at Big Al’s for employees and their families from 2:00 – 6:00 pm.
- Tuesday, May 20th– Saint Alphonsus will host an EMS Appreciation BBQ at their Nampa location beginning at 11:00 am.
- Wednesday, May 21st– Ada County Paramedics will celebrate National EMS Day for Children at Wahooz with discounted tickets from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. The public is invited to a meet and greet with Ada County Paramedics, participate in free ambulance tours and meet Maxewell Moose!
- Thursday, May 22nd– St. Luke’s Hospital downtown will host the annual EMS Celebration Breakfast beginning at 8:00 am, recognizing local EMS “heroes,” and everyday civilian “heroes.” At 4:00 pm Ada County Paramedics will host a first responder BBQ at Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park
For more information, visit www.AdaCountyParamedics.org or call (208) 287-2962. You can also like Ada County Paramedics on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/AdaCountyParamedic or follow them on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AdaParamedics.